Know the Law on Speeding in Virginia and How Maddy & Nester Can Help
If you are caught speeding, depending on the number of demerit points resulting from traffic tickets, your driving privileges could be affected, as follows:
License Suspension – driving privileges are withdrawn temporarily.
License Revocation – driving privileges are terminated completely, but you may reapply after the revocation period ends.
License Disqualification – driving privileges as a commercial driver has been suspended or revoked.
Challenge the Speeding Ticket Penalties in Virginia
Challenge the speeding ticket penalties and fines in the state of Virginia with the help of Maddy & Nester, PLLC. Steep fines are being imposed on drivers who drive over the speed limit along with possible reckless driving charges.
3-Point Demerit Violations
- Speeding between 1 and 9 mph above the posted speed limit
4-Point Demerit Violations
- Speeding between 10 and 19 mph above the posted speed limit
6-Point Demerit Violations
- Reckless driving – speeding in excess of 80 MPH
- Reckless driving – speeding 20 MPH or more above the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving – driving too fast for conditions